Sunday, July 5, 2009

Explanation

In the late 1990's, I made a series of five very small zines titled "Three Line Poems." They were typed on manual typewriters, and consisted of one three line poem per page, written by me and my friends. They were so much fun to make, and so much work, being so small.

I really miss zines. But I blog now, apparently. Mainly at formerlyknownasazine.blogspot.com. Maybe there'll be another zine one of these days, but I tried a couple years ago and the result was not satisfactory.

I spend too much time on Facebook, and on your profile page on Facebook there is a little box under your photo. When empty, the box says, "Something about me." The user can put any text inside the box that she wants. People use it for quotes, pithy statements, networking information, links, updates about their professional work, and probably other stuff too. Or they don't use it. I have a friend who's been using this space in a cool way, and she inspired me to come up with some better way to use mine. So I'm embarking on Haiku Project #2: Something About Myself. The haiku themselves probably won't be about myself, at least I hope not entirely, but since that's what the box is meant for, that's what I'm calling the project. The project only actually gets a name because I started this blog to keep a log of the haiku. I make no claims as to the quality or value of the haiku; that is not why they merit a blog of their own. I'm just doing it because I document.

Submissions of haiku will be considered for publication.


5 comments:

  1. I should explain--these are haiku in the American elementary school sense: five syllables in the first line, seven in the second line, five in the third line. There are no other rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three dogs now:
    Boo, Lady Laura, Preta
    Boo farts; other two Labs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldn't you argue "other" is one? like 'ther.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah....No you can't argue that (6 syllables)!

    ReplyDelete

Followers